‘Against his wishes’: Aaron Carter reportedly tried to stop his memoir’s release before death
– #wishes #Aaron #Carter #reportedly #stop #memoirs #release #death
Child star turned rapper Aaron Carter did not want his controversial memoir published, a representative for the late singer has revealed.
Carter’s representative alleges that before his death at the age of 34 last weekendCarter was trying to stop his publisher from releasing the book. The publisher has not addressed this claim.
“Aaron, in the midst of [working on the book]said, ‘I want nothing to do with this’ and stopped, so the fact that the publisher is saying it’s green-lit, it’s not,” Carter’s publicist claimed to Page Six. “That’s against Aaron’s wishes.”
READ MORE: Extreme lengths actor took to walk daughter down the aisle
In the days since Carter’s death, excerpts from his memoir, Aaron Carter: An Incomplete Story of an Incomplete Lifehave been released, ahead of the book’s posthumous release on Tuesday.
One such excerpt from the reportedly unauthorised memoir included stories from his relationship with Hilary Duffand claims he took the now 35-year-old Duff’s virginity when she was 13 years old.
Duff herself lashed the “disgusting” book in a statement earlier this week, telling the Daily Mail: “It’s really sad that within a week of Aaron’s death, there’s a publisher that seems to be recklessly pushing a book out to capitalise on this tragedy without taking appropriate time or care to fact check the validity of his work.”
In her statement, Duff also said that to “water down” the story of Carter’s life for “what seems to be unverified click-bait for profit” is “disgusting.”
READ MORE: Inside the ‘complicated’ relationship between Princess Mary and in-laws
Carter’s management team has since told Page Six they’d like to publicly thank Duff for her statement, saying in the days since Carter’s passing, they’ve been “trying to grieve and process” while also being forced to “deal with obscenely disrespectful and unauthorised releases” including Carter’s album blacklistedsingle Latelyand the memoir.
“This is a time for mourning and reflection not heartless money grabs and attention seeking,” the team told the outlet, and publicly requested that the “parties responsible” remove all unauthorised content and cease to release any further content without approval from Carter’s family, friends and associates.
Andy Symonds, the publisher behind the book, however, stands by his decision to release the memoir – telling the outlet that Carter had “hired” him to “help tell the world his story.”
READ MORE: Unthinkable tragedy occurred just 18 months after wedding photo snapped
Symonds says Carter’s story, although it was “tragically cut short” was “filled with good and bad” and that because Carter’s life “was far from pretty” it’s understandable that “certain people in the public eye don’t want some of the stories Aaron tells in his book to come to light.”
“That doesn’t make them any less true or newsworthy,” Symonds continued, saying that Carter “had a right” to be able to tell his story and he was “honoured” as a journalist that Carter “chose” him to “help him do that.”
”In addition to being cathartic for him, Aaron hoped this book would help others struggling with addiction and mental illness. I hope and believe it will do that,” he told the outlet, though according to Page Sixhe did not respond when asked if Carter had expressed to him any feelings of no longer wanting to have the book released.
Carter was found dead in his California home on November 5. No official cause of death has been given as of yet.
For a daily dose of 9Honey, subscribe to our newsletter here.
The Clash co-founder Keith Levene dies aged 65
Stay Connected with Viral35.com For more updates. Thank You For Visiting