Tinubu, Atiku absent at presidential town hall meeting ‣ Viral35

Tinubu, Atiku absent at presidential town hall meeting ‣ Viral35
– #Tinubu #Atiku #absent #presidential #town #hall #meeting #Viral35

Two main presidential candidates, Tinubu ball of the APC and Atiku Abubakar of the PDP, had been absent at the presidential town hall meeting held Sunday night.

Whereas Atiku was represented at the occasion by his operating mate, Ifeanyi Okowa, Mr Tinubu had no illustration and was changed by the organisers with one other presidential candidate.

The occasion was organised by the Centre for Democracy and Growth and Come up Tv.

Aside from Messrs Tinubu and Atiku, the opposite two presidential candidates invited for the controversy had been Peter Obi of the Labour Get together and Rabiu Kwankwaso of the NNPP. The final two had been current for the controversy.

The 4 males had been chosen based mostly on the efficiency of their events in a web based survey by the organisers throughout which all of the 18 political events had been listed in alphabetical order.

A press release by the CDD revealed that after the survey was closed, 9 events didn’t obtain a vote. The remaining 9 obtained the next proportion of votes- African Motion Congress (AAC) – 20.7%, All Progressives Congress (APC) – 86.2%, All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) – 6.9%, Labour Get together (LP) – 96.6%, New Nigeria Peoples Get together (NNPP) – 51.7%, Peoples Democratic Get together (PDP) – 82.8%, Peoples Redemption Get together (PRP) – 6.9%, Social Democratic Get together (SDP) – 6.9% and Younger Progressive Get together (YPP) – 13.8%.

The results of this survey knowledgeable our determination to ask the very best 4 scoring events – LP, APC, PDP and NNPP to the town hall, the organisers stated.

READ MORE:   How did Japanese Actor Toma Kajida die? Funeral & Obituary News!

READ ALSO: Gunmen kill three at town hall meeting in Anambra


Nonetheless, hours earlier than the occasion, Mr Tinubu was changed with Kola Abiola of the Peoples Redemption Get together who was current at the occasion.

The moderator, Reuben Abati, introduced that Atiku was on his method again from Morocco and had communicated with the organisers to let Mr Okowa characterize him. Nothing was stated of the APC.

TEXEM Advert


The organisers additionally didn’t state why the APC candidate was not current or represented at the occasion. They didn’t additionally clarify why and the way Mr Abiola was chosen as a alternative since his get together didn’t come fifth at the ballot. The fifth place was received by the African Motion Congress (AAC), whose candidate, Omoyele Sowore, had complained about his exclusion from the controversy.

The absence of Mr Tinubu or his consultant stirred controversy on social media. Many Nigerians accused the ruling get together candidate of avoiding vital public engagements.

Some attendees at the occasion in Abuja had additionally protested the presence of Mr Okowa, saying solely the presidential candidates needs to be allowed to participate. Nonetheless, the organisers stated Atiku had communicated his absence to them and so they had agreed that he could be represented by his operating mate.


Assist PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism prices some huge cash. But solely good journalism can guarantee the opportunity of a very good society, an accountable democracy, and a clear authorities.

For continued free entry to the most effective investigative journalism within the nation we ask you to contemplate making a modest help to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you might be serving to to maintain a journalism of relevance and guaranteeing it stays free and accessible to all.

Donate

READ MORE:   Karim Benzema Injury Update Today, Return Date And Replacement In France Squad

YouTube player

TEXT AD: Name Willie – +2348098788999






PT Mag Campaign AD

Stay Connected with Viral35.com For more updates. Thank You For Visiting

Watch Latest Full Videos Here

  trends72 telegram channel

Join Our Telegram Channel For Latest Videos
https://t.me/trends72com

 
Sharing Is Caring:

Leave a Comment

x